4/26/11

Event Report & New Event



Monday night, April 25, I spoke about Kansas 1874 to the annual meeting of the Butler County Historical Society. The meeting was held at the Butler County History Center in El Dorado. I used to go to these meetings every year for a while, when I was entering the Jesse Perry Stratford essay contests and placing in the top three.

I read a few excerpts from the book and took a few questions. No copies were sold after my talk, but I did get two possible leads on future book talks. The museum gift shop was down to 1 copy of Kansas 1874, so they took 6 more. Overall it was an good night.

My next event is on Saturday, May 14.  I'll be doing a book signing for Kansas 1874 at The Bookshelf in McPherson, KS (206 N. Main). I won't be the only author there.  I'll be there with Marci Penner, who will be promoting her new book, 8 Wonders of Kansas Guidebook. I imagine she's going to draw a lot of people! I'm hoping some of them will want a copy of my book too.

I'll let you know how that goes, and I hope to have a pic when I post about it. Until then, I'm going to post some reviews of the books I've picked up recently. I'll probably do one a week, with the signing post in between.

And don't forget, I'll be selling my SF/F books in the dealers room at ConQuest 42 Memorial Day Weekend!

See you next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive