7/6/20

Writing Progress, June 2020


Half the year is now gone. I’m okay, and I hope all of you are okay as well.

June was an interesting month for me as far as my writing went. I completed a short novel that came in at 43,000 words. I paused for a few days to come up with some story ideas. I went onto the next project, which was supposed to take place in the same world as the novel I’d just finished.

I say “supposed to” because I wrote only few chapters before giving up on the project. I just wasn’t feeling the story. Another feeling I had was that I was treading on ground I’d already been on with other projects. I’m going to hold onto what I did write; I might be able to use some of that in another work. So after a day’s pause I went to another project I’d already had plotted out. By the end of the month I was almost done, and by the time you read this I should be done.

All that means I wrote 248 pages in June. Considering that I didn’t write a handful of days, that’s only about 15 pages off what would have been a normal pace.

I have some projects plotted, but I want to get one more ready before I start on this new world and character I’ve created. The character has been in my head for weeks, so I’m eager to get going. Here’s hoping that her tales flow right out me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive