10/17/11

Event Report - Two in One Weekend


The weekend of October 15-16 saw me doing two events around the area.

On Saturday the 15th I had a signing for my SF books at Blue Dragon Books in Derby. I was joined by Matt Orsman, who created the cover for Expert Assistance. Members of Matt's family stopped by and were kind enough to buy books. The store also picked up some of my nonfiction books to sell. I had a good time, and it was nice to see Matt in person for the first time in several years.

On Sunday the 16th I gave a talk at the Harvey County Historical Museum (above) about Kansas, 1874. I think at least 30 people came out; there could have been more. I spoke about the book, answered questions about it, and mentioned the next nonfiction project, the book on county seat conflicts in Kansas. I sold several copies of the 1874 book.

This upcoming weekend I don't have any book events, but I do plan on attending the Whovians meeting. After that is the book fair in Abilene. I'll think of something to post for next week.

Yes, the 18th is my birthday. No, I'm not going to tell you how old I'll be.

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive