8/8/11

Event Report - Country Threshing Day


Saturday, August 6 was a hot day to be out. I was up in Goessel at the Mennonite Heritage Museum to do a book signing with Cheryl Unruh (that's her above, reading from her great book Flyover People). We were in the bank building on the museum grounds, which had air conditioning. It wasn't cold, but it was much cooler than being outside.

We started the signing before noon. Cheryl read from her book at 1 PM. I've read the book, and it's a great read, full of essays on life in Kansas. It was good to hear her read from the book. Authors can sound one way in conversation, and a different way "on stage." Hearing how the author interprets their writing out loud can be enlightening. I recommend you go to her site and learn more about her books and her appearance schedule.

I was supposed to give a talk later in the afternoon. By then the crowd had thinned, so I chose not to. I'd already met several people, talked about my books, and had sold a few, so it was no big deal not to speak this time. Overall it was fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive