4/2/12

Event Report - Cow Creek Book Festival



On Saturday, March 31, I took part in the Cow Creek Book Festival. It was put on by the Hutchinson Public Library.

(Pictured is Roy Bird, author of many Kansas books, including a new one on Ike's boyhood in Abilene. Next to him is Beverley Olson Buller, author of children's books about William Allen White and his daughter Mary White.)

I gave a brief talk about how readers can help authors. Aside from buying books, readers can leave reviews at sites like Goodreads, Library Thing, and where they buy books online. Any review, even if it's only mildly positive, is helpful.

Turnout was on the small side, but I was able to sell a handful of books. I talked to a few of the other authors about ebooks and promotion. Overall I had a good time. I hope the festival happens next year, and that I'm invited back.

Coming up in just under two weeks is ConStellation. I'll try to remember to post about my latest short-story ebooks before the con.

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive