10/16/17

Podcasts 2017


So, in last week's post about cord-cutting, I mentioned that I'm still an avid podcast listener. I also said that I'd changed my podcast app from Apple's to Overcast. I promised to list what I was listening to, so here's the list.

Doctor Who podcasts:
Radio Free Skaro
Verity
Traveling the Vortex
Lazy Doctor Who

RFS is long-running and covers a lot of ground in Who; Verity is female-centric, and does lots of fun episodes; TTV is Kansas-based and covers books & audio along with the TV series; and Lazy Doctor Who is Steven from RFS and Erika from Verity watching DW from the beginning (when they get around to it, hence the title).

History:
Hardcore History
The History Chicks

I'm not as much into history as I used to be, but I still listen to two history podcasts. HH is in depth on specific events/periods, while HC features women in history.

General SF/F:
The Audio Guide to Babylon 5
The Incomparable
Sword & Laser

If you're following me on social media, every two weeks I mention I'm rewatching an episode of Babylon 5; this is why. S&L is a book club podcast that's another long-runner. The Incomparable covers all sorts of geeky topics. Lazy Doctor Who is part of their network, and I sometimes listen to other shows on the network if an episode interests me.

Speaking of, Steven & Erika (Lazy Doctor Who) are doing a re-watch of The Prisoner for its 50th anniversary. Their podcast covering the re-watch, In the Village, will only last as long as the series did (17 episodes).

Video podcasts:
Cordkillers
Vaginal Fantasy

Cordkillers is about cable cord-cutting and streaming services, among other things, so naturally I'm watching. VF is a book club centered on genre romance with women as leading characters, and is loads of fun. Among the hosts of VF are Felicia Day and Veronica Belmont (S&L). Cordkillers is weekly, while VF is monthly. I watch both of these on YouTube; follow the link to see what other channels I'm following.

Other podcasts:
Download
Switching Geers
The Tiny House Listings Podcast

Download is the only tech podcast I'm listening to. SG is a local podcast. THLPodcast is run by the owner of the THL site, and has his brief thoughts on the tiny house movement.

So, that's what I'm listening to these days. I've dropped a few that I'd been listening to, some for a long time, some just for a short time. The list tends to change as subjects interest me or don't, or as podcasts come and go. If this list changes much down the road, I might revisit this subject and post a new list.

I hope you enjoy following along on my cord-cutting journey. That's all for now, but as I said, if things change, I'll put up a new post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive