10/15/13

Encounters 2013



Over the weekend of October 11-13, I was at Encounters, Wichita's SF convention. This was the second year for Encounters.

I got an Artist Alley table again. I sold 24 books at the con, plus 3 more were paid for by someone who'd gotten the books from me earlier in the year. That adds up to 27 sales at the con this year. That's up from 15 books sold last year.

Also up were the number of brochures I handed out. Last year I gave out about a dozen brochures. This year I handed out close to 30. In fact, I ran out on Saturday, so instead of taking part in any evening activities, I drove home after dinner and printed up a second batch.

This year I applied for a panel. My panel on writing and publishing science fiction and fantasy ended up being scheduled for Sunday at 3 PM. Well, someone has to draw the short straw. A handful of people did come to the panel. One young man asked most of the questions, but others took part as well. I'm glad I did it, and I plan to put in for a panel next year.

I saw quite a few familiar faces, both from around here and those who came from outside the Wichita area. I didn't get to meet any of the guests, which was a bit of a bummer. Overall, though, I had a great time. From what I heard, attendance was up a lot from last year. It's good that word is getting out about Encounters. I hope everyone who was there had a good time, too.

There's more book news on the horizon, and at least one more event coming up this year. Because of some glitches, I've created a new events page. Check there for my schedule of cons and book talks.

Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive