8/1/18

Writing Stats for July 2018


Here's the latest update on how much I'm writing this year.

July was pretty steady for me. I completed project I'd been working on when the month started. It turns out to be a short novel of 56,000 words.

I paused after I finished. I had an idea for a story in a universe I'd worked in earlier this year. In doing so I decided that not only did I need to flesh out some details in what I'd already written, but I should break that work back into three parts, with the new project being a fourth part. I started work on that new project at the very end of the month.

All that means I wrote 185 pages in July. That's less than 10 pages under what I could have written if I'd met all my session goals for the month. While that's down a little from last month, it's a good number all the same.

As I said I've started on a new work. I'm pretty sure I'll be at it in August. I'm hoping it'll be long enough to keep me working for more than one month. Come back this time next month to see where things stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive