10/22/12

Event Report - Encounters



The weekend of October 19-21 I attended Encounters, a new sci-fi con in Wichita. It was a good con for me.

As far as my sales went, this was the best con of 2012. I sold 15 books at Encounters, just over the totals I sold at the other cons earlier in the year. Most were SF/F, but I did sell a handful of nonfiction books too. I handed out a dozen copies of both my ebook brochures (one's for books, the other for short story ebooks). I've got my fingers crossed for more sales in the days to come.

The Whovians of Wichita were there, of course. My table was next to a local dealer who had DW merchandise. If I noticed someone looking at the DW stuff, I tried to point them to the Whovian table when they passed by mine. I was able to sit in (well, just outside) on the first hour of the DW panel Saturday night. Yes, the first hour. I heard it went on for quite a bit longer than that.

Since this was a Wichita con, I saw some familiar faces. Some I hadn't seen in months. There were a few I hadn't seen in several years. It was good to reconnect, even if it was just for a couple of days.

I hope Encounters is here to stay. Wichita needs a good all-genre con. I'll be pulling for them to iron out the bumps, to grow, and to improve. If you were there, I hope you had a good time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive