2/24/12

PIECES OF KANSAS HISTORY



Sorry I let so much time go between posts, but I had a cold this past month. I'm better now.

I wanted to let you know that my new nonfiction history book, Pieces of Kansas History, is now available. What is it about? Here's part of the back cover blurb:

"This is the second collection of historical articles by Robert Collins. In this volume is the story of the Luke Short and the “Dodge City War” of 1883; the questions raised after an 1884 bank robbery in Medicine Lodge; and critical views of two Kansas Civil War generals. Other essays look at the tragedy of the Irving tornado and a death that affected a major Indian treaty. There’s also a three-part look at the history of roads and highways in Kansas’ largest county."


You can find it in a few stores, and at Amazon. Since most of the articles are about Butler County, I don't expect to do many book signings or talks about it. If I do anything I'll post it in the events section.


I've updated the covers on my Short Stories page and my Nonfiction Books page.


Next week is the first book event of 2012. I'll let you know how it goes.


See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive