4/17/12

Event Report - ConStellation 3!



The weekend of April 13-15 I was up in Lincoln, Nebraska, for ConStellation 3. This was my first con of 2012, my first time at ConStellation, and the first time I had been to Lincoln in something like 4 decades.

I had a great time at the con. I met GOH Elizabeth Bear; she signed my copy of Chicks Dig Time Lords. I also met another Kansas SF author, Bryan Thomas Schmidt. I was able to talk about writing to a few people. I sold something like 15 books.

The con staff was great. They had good food in the con suite, and brought the vendors dinner Friday (I passed) and lunch Saturday (great sandwich). They had volunteers manning tables when us vendors had to step away. Let me give out one last "Thank You" to the staff for being so kind.

There was a little excitement late Saturday night: for a short time Lincoln was under a tornado warning around midnight. I had to get up and go down to the basement, where I heard a small bit of the ongoing panel about nightmare con experiences (I kid you not!).

The only downside was the hotel. The vent system was either heat or AC. I spent two cold nights in my room. The wifi was down when I arrived Friday afternoon. The con staff was able to get it working Saturday around noon. The restaurant in the hotel was short staffed, but their food was good. It wasn't the best hotel I've been to, but it could have been worse.

My first con of 2012 was great, and I hope I can go back to ConStellation next year!

Next on my schedule is a signing in El Dorado. I might put up another post between now and then. Keep an eye on my schedule; I should be adding more events for this year.

See you on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive