6/20/11

Event Report - Author Extravaganza


Saturday the 18th was the 5th Annual Author Extravaganza at the Town Crier Bookstore in Emporia. About 40 authors were there this time.

I was there to promote my Kansas, 1874 book. Two copies of that book did sell. A couple of railroad books were also sold, but it seems everywhere I go at least one moves. What was surprising was that two copies of Fun Tales of Fantasy and the Future and a copy of Expert Assistance also went out the door.

Something else interesting was that there were a couple more SF/F authors there than last year. Could it be that the number of genre authors in Kansas is growing? Overall it was a fun two hours. I wish I could have picked up some books, but I'm having to save my pennies for OSFest in Omaha in July. I also would have liked to have talked to more of the authors.

An author from Abilene is working to put on an Author Roundup there on October 29. I've put in for a table at the event. I'll let you know more as I know more about it. Right now I can say that it's October 29, at the Abilene Community Center, from 1-4 PM.

Next week I'll post another book review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive